Its almost time for the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, better known as the #NSale! Its the BIGGEST SALE of the year and I wanted to write a post to break it all down for you and so you can have an easy guide for the big once a year sale!
What is it?
First off, some of you that are not familiar may be asking what is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale? The retailer offers brand NEW fall/winter arrivals on sale from top brands such as Madewell, Vince Camuto, Topshop, and many more. You are receiving huge discounts on the seasons brand new products and on brands that don’t often go on sale so its a huge event! Great time to get your Fall items for you, your family and to even start early on those Christmas presents!!
New this year – You can preview sale items earlier and create a wish list! I will also be sharing the best items from each category in the LIKEtoKNOWit app so you can save your favorites and make it easy to checkout once the sale is live.
When does the sale take place?
Depending on your cardmember status, and the higher it is, the earlier you get to shop. Early Access is for anyone with a Nordstrom card! For the public sale you don’t have to have a card to shop.
How can I shop early?
Items part of the Nordstrom Anniversary sale are known to sell out very quickly and in years past popular items do not always get restocked! Yes you read that right and to help you get the most out of this sale, I always stress its key to shop Early Access. To shop Early Access – you do need to have a Nordstrom card.
How do I apply for a Nordstrom card and is it free?
The answer is yes! There are ZERO annual fees and you will have the card available to shop the sale right away! I opened a card years back so I could have access to the sale early on and use it every year for this same reason. In fact, when you apply, you will receive up to $60 Nordstrom notes that you can use to shop the sale! Apply for a Nordstrom card HERE to unlock Early Access this year. *There’s NO annual fee*
However, this is completely up to you. If this is something that you think isn’t a smart decision and will put you in a hard financial position of opening a card then don’t do it!! I’m not here to pressure anyone and cause anyone to go into debt over. Im just highlighting that lots of items do sell out during the first week and no guarantees of restocks. For items like shoes, jackets and designer pieces that are between 20-40% off during the sale is worth it as prices go up once sale is over.
Is shopping Early Access really worth it?
100% yes!! In my opinion, by the time the sale is open to the public, most of the great basics, shoes, jackets, athletic wear and hot items are sold out and often don’t restock. This gives you the chance to truly shop the sale and ALL the new items right away! Plus I spend a lot of time going through and sharing the top trends/items so you don’t have to do all the searching!
PRO TIP – Nordstrom offers FREE returns, so you can quickly checkout with 2 sizes if not sure and easily return later with no hassle. This also makes it easy to check out with items you want quickly while in stock and then return what you don’t really need after once you get to try it on and style it with pieces in your closet.
- Mark you calendar for August 13 if you have/apply for a Nordstrom card.
- Set a budget and take inventory of your closet — make a list of items you need or want to replace, Christmas and birthday gifts you’d like to save on and maybe a trendy item you want to try this fall! (this is key and what I do as well)
- Follow along with me on Instagram and stories (I will have a dedicated #Nsale highlight in my profile) and updates on the blog as I can be your resource and a one stop shop!
- Buy what you want right away and return later! Remember returns are FREE and this way you don’t miss out on items while in stock. This also gives you the chance to try it on with pieces in your closet and return what you don’t need after.
I spend A LOT of time covering this sale so you get the best deals! From fit info to styling and sharing my favorite items so please use me as your resource and ask any questions you have!!
It takes a lot of time and energy to create the blog posts, try on hauls, LiketoKnowit collages and more and I cannot express how much it means when you shop using my links. I make a small commission but every little bit adds up and I appreciate you so much!
Below are a couple of ways you can shop through my links:
- My blog tatidrea.com under the dedicated ‘Nordstrom Anniversary Sale’ section. You will be able to click on any items you want to shop and it will take you to the Nordstrom site.
- LIKEtoKNOW.it app where I will be covering lots of content and items part of the sale. You can search username @tatidrea in the app or click HERE to follow.
Top 10 picks from sale:
- Booties – Vince Camuto ones were such a hot seller and I wore them all season long! So comfortable and this years style is almost identical.
- Adidas sneakers – my grey ones from last year are my fave and I wear all year long!
- Leggings – faux leather Spanx leggings – LIVE in mine all fall and winter. I recommended sizing up but trust me this will be one item you will absolutely love! They suck you in and easily dress up with boots or down with sneakers!
- Sweaters – oversized, neutral color and trendy style. I love sweaters and they are easy to dress up and down.
- Neutral cardigan – that can go with everything for fall!
- Barefoot dreams cardigan – Its a hot seller and worth investing in while on sale.
- Basic tees – at $10-20 price points, i like to get fresh short sleeve and long sleeve tees!
- Leather jacket – I needed a new one and the Top Shop one was super affordable and so cute. Almost exact style this year if you don’t have one or need a new one! Its such a classic item to have in your closet.
- Brand name denim – Levis, Paige, Madewell and more!
- Barefoot dreams blanket – The best time to save on one of these for your home & gifts!!! I missed out on these last year but is on my list this year. These also sell out very fast.
As always, please reach out with any questions – email, DM or leave a comment below and stay tuned for all the updates to come on the #NSale!