I’ve been tagged by some of my favorite bloggers – Madelyn and Katie + Lydia – to do a fun winter/holiday Q & A. Read on below to find out more about me and some of my winter favorites. I hope you all have a fantastic new years!
- // What is your favorite holiday tradition? Growing up we always got to open one present on Christmas Eve, which was always so exciting! After having our daughter, I love getting matching family pjs and having that be a yearly tradition we carry on as a family.
- // What is your favorite go to winter lippies? My go to lipstick is always Maybelline and this winter I’m really loving a bold deep brown shade and a fresh rose color that complements my rosy cheeks in the winter months.
- // What is your favorite winter scent? (candles, perfume, etc.) I love anything with vanilla tones. It always feels warm, cozy and smells delicious. This candle from Anthropologie is so good!
- // What is your go to winter fashion trend? Since I live in the pnw and it gets pretty chilly, I tend to have fun with accessories and live in cute beanies, scarves and coats. This winter I’ve been obsessed with the giant pom pom beanies, they are so warm and cute.
- // What is your all time favorite holiday movie? Ever since I can remember, my family always watched Home Alone and Home Alone NY. I to this day love watching them (nope, haven’t gotten sick of them yet haha) and hope to continue that tradition with my family.
- // What is your all time favorite holiday tune? I don’t have a specific favorite holiday tune. I just love hearing all the holiday music in general weather I am shopping in stores, driving in the car or on any playlist from about November to New Years.
- // Do you prefer to travel or stay home for the holidays? I love being home and decorating for the holidays and having the family all spend time together. If I were to travel for the holidays, I’d love to go and spend it in New York one year. Stay through new years and experience the ball drop and the energy in the city… this may go back to my love for Home Alone and Kevin being in the city around the holidays 🙂
- // What is your favorite winter skin care must have? Ok, so this may seem weird, or if you can relate — amen! I can’t live without Vaseline in the winter time. As I mentioned, it gets really cold here in WA and my skin is sensitive and gets really dry and sometimes even cracked. I use Vaseline on my lips and instead of lotion on my hands to really restore and moisturize my skin.
- // What is your favorite winter hair care product? Herbal Essence bio renew shampoo + conditioner line has been my go to lately. Lots of amazing scents and my hair stays silky and soft.
- // What is your favorite winter activity? I would love to ski or maybe even try snowboarding one day, but until then I really just love being cozy at home with a warm blanket, yummy candle and enjoying a movie or a book. We also spend a lot more time as a family inside during the holiday and winter months and I love that special time together.
- // What is your favorite must have winter beauty product? I am loving Tanceuticals self-tanner this season. Especially the face lotion as it gives me such a gorgeous glow and my skin doesn’t look dull. When I am in a hurry and for everyday, I can’t live without my bronzer! I love this bronzer, it lasts a long time and is a life saver if you live in colder temps like me and need a quick glow fix.
- // Do you love or hate the snow? I absolutely love the snow throughout the holiday season. After that I am good without it, haha. We always have a long winter here so I have a love/hate relationship with it every year and just want warmer weather once January comes along.
- // What is one item on your wishlist this year? Since I am writing this after Christmas, I will share my favorite gifts instead… I really love my dainty rose gold band I got and my hubby getting me all the items I sent him links to plus a few more surprises!
- // What is your favorite holiday treat? I love all the home baked goods around the holidays. I’d say either cookies or fudge is my favorite!
- // Do you finish your holiday shopping before December or are you a last minute shopper? I usually finish the bulk of my Christmas shopping by Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Then I buy little stocking stuffers and anything else I forgot in December.
I hope you enjoyed this post. I sure had fun answering these questions and would love to do more personal posts in the new year. Check out these amazing ladies and their winter tag posts as well. I know you will love them as much as I do. XO